Workforce Investment Board Toolkit
The CCST "Racing for the Future" online toolkit is designed to help provide focus and information to Workforce Investment Boards (WIBs), providing them with essential tools for understanding their environment and adapting successfully to it. Every WIB has its own charter, organization, and unique context. What they share, however, is a set of central functions. This toolkit is designed to help WIBs build upon and support those functions.
The WIB Toolkit is an online sourcebook with over 150 pages of material, sorted into five easy to navigate, cross-linked sections, including:
- Background: what's changing in California, and how it affects workforce development
- Five Core WIB Roles: Important functions and their relation to preparing the workforce of the future
- Industry profiles: Overviews of key high-tech industries in California
- Case studies: Six programs that are making a difference
- Resources: Useful publications and links
It includes 11 original downloadable support documents and links to dozens more that are potentially useful to WIBs. This resource was developed through collaboration among three organizations: The California Council on Science and Technology (the project lead); the California Space Education and Workforce Institute; and the California Workforce Association, as part of the "California Innovation Corridor" (CIC) project.